Terms & Conditions
Entrants must be older than 18 years old and take part to the festival as amateur or professional photographers.
- Those who are interested in participation, must fill and send the submission form (can be found on the Festival’s site) until 7th of July 2017, time 23:55.
- Every candidate can submit from 1 to 10 photographs, which must be sent in digital form through our site photosphere.gr. Photos must be in .jpeg form and their size must not exeed the size of 1024pixels (long side) and 700kb each.
The jury, with its absolute desicion, will select the photographs for exhibition, without knowing the names of the participants. The final number of photos to be exhibited will be according to the applications.
In addition, the jury has the right to exclude from the exhibition any participants whose photographs do not meet the aesthetic criteria at its discretion. In this case, the amount paid as an participation fee is not refunded.
- The results will be announced by e-mail just like in our Facebook Page and our Site until the 11th of July 2017.
- Exposed photographs must not be over 80cm (the long side), including the frame and they have to be delivered until the 1st of August 2017.
- Participants will be charged with shipping and delivery costs for their photographs.
- For the exhibition, a photo-book will be made in order to be sold. The photo-book will be consisted by a sample of each participants work by the photographs which will be exposed accompanied by a short biography written in greek and english.
- The commercial rights belong to the organizers and every participant will take a photo-book as gift.
- Participation fee is set at 35,00€ including VAT.
The Participation Fee can be paid by bank deposit ΕΤΕ: ΙΒΑΝ: GR14 0110 4580 0000 4586 0317 739 / SWIFT (BIC) ETHNGRAA or by postal cheque in name: Theologos Pentes Meloi Patmos, postcode: 85500 Τ. +30 697 777 24 55 and has to be accompanied by the submission form. The participation fee can also be paid by Paypal.
Competitors are charged with the bank deposit or postal cheque fees.
Participants who exhibit their work have the right to sell their photographs. In this case, they must inform the organizers about the price and the number of copies (edition number) in order to create a pricelist that will be distributed to the visitors. The responsibility for selling the photographs is at sole responsibility of the participant and the organizers are not involved.
- All the photographs must be original projects and the participants must be either the sole holders or holders of the copyright.
- In photographs that include distinct faces, the creator must have their consent to exhibit the photograph. In this case of expose, the creator is responsible.
- By applying the submission form, the participants retain full copyright over their work.
- Participants also give to the organizers the right to make a photo-book consisted of a sample of each participant’s work that they submit for the exhibition along with a small text (100 words) that they will send to the organizers.
Safety of Photographs
- At the International Open Air Photography Festival, all photographs will be exposed at their position every evening from 19:00 – 24:00 for the duration of the festival. In case of inclement weather conditions, the exhibition will be closed. For the safety of your work, the photographs will be removed and be stored carefully every night and the next day they will be hung again at their places.
- However, despite the organizers attention to the appropriate handling of the photographs, there is a possibility of damaging the photographs. Therefore we suggest you to insure your Artwork.
- The organizers do not have any responsibility if the artwork gets damaged.
Picture Publications Permission
All the selected photographs can be published by the International Open Air Photography Festival, to the associated sponsors and associates, magazines or books, websites, or any other way they choose to promote - advertise the International Photography Festival.
The International Photography Festival and the Participants will not have any claim for compensation in such use.
Other Conditions of Submission
The participants are bound and agree to the following terms:
- The Decisions of the art jury for the selection of the artworks will be definitive.
- The International Photography Festival can use the selected photographs, the name of the photographer and photographs in any promotion – advertising – commercial about the festival or any future offers without compensation or permission.
- The submissions are invalid if the festival judges that is not original or if the entries are unreadable, incomplete, damaged, irregular, variable, fake, accidentally produced or obtained through fraud or theft.
- The Festival retains the right to modify or extend the time limit of the submissions due to its absolute discretion. In this case, the data will be posted through the Festival website and on our Facebook page.