TERMS & CONDITIONS
Amateur or professional photographers, from 17 years old and above, can take part in the action.
Interested parties should complete and send the application form that they will find on the Festival's website until March 31st, 2019 and time 23:55.
Each candidate may participate with one (1) time-lapse of specific theme, the duration of which SHOULD NOT exceed the 03:00 minutes.
The type of time-lapse known as hyperlapse will be accepted.
The resolution of the final presentation should be at least 1080p in mpeg4 or avi format.
Having background music or not, during the time-lapse, is at the choice of the creator.
During the time-lapse the author's name should NOT exist.
The selection of the time-lapses will be made by a three-member Jury of prominent professionals in the areas of photography and cinema. The Jury, in its absolute discretion, will select the ten (10) best time-lapses to be exhibited at the International Photography Festival of Ioannina “Photometria” and at the International Open Air Photography Festival “Photosphere”, in the summer of 2019.
The three (3) best time-lapses will be awarded at the opening of the 3rd Photosphere in Paros or Patmos.
The Jury has the right to exclude from the action participants whose time-lapses do not meet the aesthetic criteria or are out of the theme, at their discretion.
The results will be announced by e-mail as well as on Facebook and on our website until May 25th, 2019.
Participation in the action is Free of charge.
The theme of the time-lapses should relate to urban landscape/cityscape, life in small or big cities as well as in settlements of smaller areas such as islands.
Entries that will only focus on a natural landscape, such as sea or sky, will not be accepted. The natural landscape can be integrated but must not be over the whole theme.
All entries should be original projects and the participants should be either the sole holders or the holders of the copyright.
By signing up for the Festival, the participants retain full copyright over their work.
All selected entries can be published by the International Open Air Photography Festival “Photosphere”, to affiliated sponsors and collaborators, magazines or books, websites, or any other media, for the promotion and the advertising of the Festival without the approval of the creator, but always mentioning his name.
The Festival and the participants will have no claim for compensation in such use.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- The decisions of the Jury for the selection of the time-lapses will be definitive.
- Participants are solely responsible for any use of music in their work (copyrights).
- Entries are invalid if the Festival decides that they are not original or are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, variable, counterfeit, misleading, or stolen by fraud or theft.
- The Festival reserves the right not to accept projects that do not meet the expected quality of production and presentation for the Festival.
- The Festival reserves the right to modify or extend the submission deadline in its sole discretion. In this case, the changes will be announced in the networking media.
The participants will be bound by and agree to all of the above terms and conditions by sending their participation form.